Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I Shined My Kitchen Sink



So I just shined my kitchen sink, and I have to admit that I feel like I accomplished something. Just as I predicted, I was unable to put my dirty dishes away in the floor like Flylady suggested. It bugged me to just leave dirty dishes aside while my kitchen sink was being shined, so I washed them first. Flylady recommends taking baby steps, but it feels good to be ahead of the game.

Once I washed the dishes, I shined the sink. I scrubbed it with bleach water and scrubbing bubbles. I sent my husband to the store to buy a scrubbing pad. While I was waiting on my husband to get the scrubbing pad, I decided to go ahead and clean the remaining counters and stove. My two oldest were in the kitchen by then. I was feeling pretty confident.

Those two were very encouraging. Chloe, my 4 year old, told me that I was a very good cleaner. Both of the kids said it looked like they had a new house! This made me feel very good. Noah, my 5 year old, then asked Chloe if she wanted to help clean their room.

Light bulbs were going off in my head:
I am rubbing off on my children!
They are proud of me!
They asked to make a rule to keep the house clean!

Oh boy, does this feel good! I had a hard time stopping, but at the same time I felt the need to finish it and make it look nice. I was so excited to get back to my blog and write about it. I sped up a bit just so I could get back and write about it. Yep, I could get used to this.

We have been in this apartment for a month. While cleaning the stove, I realized that it was long overdue for a cleaning. I removed the knobs on the stove to reveal grease- GROSS! I then wondered how long that has been hiding and lurking behind those knobs. That just made my skin crawl, so I scrubbed the whole stove and soaked those knobs in hot bleach water.

Behold the results:

Kitchen sink before (Joseph started washing dishes earlier but never finished):


Kitchen sink after:




No comments:

Post a Comment