Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 6: Hot Spots

Oh, I have several Hot Spots in my home. If you are familiar with Fly Lady, you may know what a hot spot is. If you aren't, then you can read about it here. It is basically that place in our home where all of the things go that don't actually have a home. For example, my kitchen table is one of them. On the top of my washer and dryer is another one.

Here is what you should know. Everything NEEDS a home. For small items, that home shouldn't be out in the open either. For example, I am really bad about throwing all of the mail on the kitchen table. Most of it is junk mail too. If you cannot find a certain home for something, perhaps you do not need it. This is something I have to tell myself often. I hate throwing things away, but for the sake of having an organized home it is becoming easier these days.

If everything has a home, it will be easier to locate that item when you need it- so I have learned from experience! You are talking to someone who has never been able to keep up with anything because "I forgot where I put it". This is still a work in progress for me.

Now, here is what Flylady wants us to do about Hot Spots:
Set your timer for 2 minutes and lets practice putting out your Hot Spot. You don’t have to work till you have finished; just do what you can in 2 minutes. Put your bills in one place. This will keep you from having to search for them.

3 comments:

  1. you are lucky, you are already with step 6... but nevertheless today is my day 4... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. with us it's the same with our hot spots - but we do NOT YET put them away every day for 2 minutes...but I have hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband cleared up a big hot spot at the end of last week - it was on our second couch. I am so happy: now he already has relaxed some times on the couch and we both are glad

    ReplyDelete