Saturday, January 29, 2011

I Did Not Bail!

I know it appears that I have been M.I.A. for the last few days, but I haven't! I have had internet problems with my provider- long story short: billing dispute over $1.11! Anways, I am back and still kicking!

 I work 40-50 hours a week on most weeks. When I come home from work, I start a load of laundry and pick up around the house. Since starting work, I have noticed that my house stays cleaner. You would think it would be the other way around.

Stay at home moms, I have been in your shoes. If you want to keep a clean house with little rug rats running around, you may as well put up your apron and cleaning spray (not really, but it sure feels hopeless). It is so hard to clean and keep things organized with children.


At the same time, it is so hard to keep things clean and organized when you are working all the time. I will give credit to my husband because when I am working, he is home with my children. He keeps the dishes done and vacuums at least twice a day. I am very lucky to have him. However, the house is never as clean as I like. I am a perfectionist, and I notice the smallest things. If you would have seen my home 2 months ago, you would have never called me a perfectionist- a slob maybe, but definitely no perfectionist. When I work hard at something, I want to keep it looking perfect.

1 comment:

  1. It's great you have such a wonderful support system. When I worked outside the home I don't think my house was EVER clean!

    It doesn't seem to ever meet my "standard" but I've learned to adjust for life. The biggest thing I've noticed is that having things organized makes it easier to keep it clean... you know, a place for everything and everything in it's place. On top of that not having too much stuff. I'm still growing in all these areas because believe me, it's NOT my default setting! :-)

    ReplyDelete