Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 4: Write These Things Down


Flylady recommends writing down the steps already completed on sticky notes and posting them in the home. So, I did the following:

Wrote down, "Getting Dressed to lace up shoes" and posted on my bathroom mirror.

Wrote down, "Keep sink shining" and posted above my kitchen sink.

Flylady says that leaving these hints around the house helps me to remember the habits that I am trying to establish.

To be completely honest, I was just going to post the note above my sink without doing the dishes. I felt tired, so I thought I would just do them tomorrow (this has always been my excuse to keep from cleaning). I first set the dishes aside and shined my sink. After getting the sink shined, it just really bugged me that the dishes were not clean. It was only a plate, a few bowls, and a pizza pan. I then ran water and washed the dishes. While washing, I said that I would just put them away later. Well, that didn't happen either. It bothered me that my sink was not perfect, so I dried them and put them away. THIS PLAN IS WORKING! I am so proud of myself!

I am super excited that my lazy tendencies is slowly fading! I worked all day today, and I planned on coming home to just relax (err be lazy).

Flylady is right. These are babysteps, but they are really helping me. I still have a really good feeling about this.

I did not get to blog last night because my husband took me out to dinner right after work. He did this to reward me for my accomplishments.

The link to FLyLady Step 4 is found here: http://www.flylady.net/pages/bbd4.asp

2 comments:

  1. I think I will be 5 days behind you...I wanted to try the fly lady last year but just wasnt ready...Ive been keeping my basic rooms clean and organized but know they can be a lot better...so tomorrow I start.....its your fault dammit guess who

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started FlyLady as well, two days ago. The same thing happened to me the first two days. I was only going to dress to lace up shoes and shine my sink, but then the things left undone around the sink seemed so out of place I took care of it. In light of the kitchen, I just went ahead and picked up wherever I went in the house. It's odd what a positive getting dressed and shining that sink had on my thinking! Then yesterday I wasn't feeling well. I shined my sink, straightened.. but didn't get dressed and stayed in my PJs. My attitude adjusted right to my atire! By evening I was a completely blob, feeling sluggish and disappointed in the choices of the day.

    Thank you for writing this blog. I'm going to follow it if you don't mind. :-) I'm looking forward to walking this journey with you and wishing you EVERY success!

    ReplyDelete