Thursday, January 10, 2013

Help Starting Over

So, wow, it's been a while, eh? Almost 2 years to be exact. I have a major problem, and I need help with it- I can never follow through with anything. Please don't think that I have let my home get exremely cluttered again- it isn't that. I do, however, still lack organization skills. Not only around my home, but with my life in general. I suck at time management. Despite having just completed a course in college for time management, I still suck at it. I also suck at handling stress.

I have fallen short with writing in this blog, because my life spun out of control. Over the process of the last year and a half, I separated with my husband. I have 3 children, and my youngest child belongs to him- although he has been a father to all three of my children since my oldest was a mere 5 months old and I was pregnant with my second child. We have both moved on, and are dating other people. He and I are successfully co-parenting our son. I learned over the process of our separation that to successfully co-parent one must put their own differences aside (e.i. don't try to do things just to upset the other purposely) and one must ask the following questions during any decision making when it comes to your child: WHAT IS BEST FOR THE LITTLE ONE? WILL THE DECISION I MAKE NOW AFFECT HIM IN A NEGATIVE MANNER ?

The father of my two oldest children petitioned me in court. He didn't like the fact of my moving on and dating someone other that my ex-husband, and he threw me out to the wolves in court. He lawyered up and they did a mighty fine job of slamming me and making me out to be a monster. Like all parents, I know that I have made some mistakes that I learned from. I Never mind the fact that I raised three beautiful, well mannered children (without his help) who strangers would boast of. Never mind the fact that I was the one to take care of them and sit up with them in nights that sickness would fall- I was the one that kept them up to date with their medical exams, vaccinations, etc. I was the mom that signed them up for extra curricular activities and took them to all practices and attended their activities. Never mind the fact that I did without designer brands just so they could have nice things.  I wont get into that, because it has nothing to do with this blog- but that custody battle nearly cost me my sanity. I have never been so hurt in my life- it sucked the life out of me. We are still in the middle of it. So please keep me in your thoughts and prayers (if you do that).

I am trying to move past this. It is a new year, and I am hopeful that things will improve. My laundry is backed up and I am catching up on that today (while I do some work from home- I am training with my job).

Here is what I need to vastly improve on and will blog on:

My stress level

Time Management

Keeping my home organized

Keeping my vehicle organized

FINANCES

No comments:

Post a Comment